“Men seek for vocabularies that are reflections of reality. To this end, they must develop vocabularies that are selections of reality. And any selection of reality must, in certain circumstances, function as a deflection of reality.” Kenneth Burke
1. The act of reflecting or the state of being reflected.
2. Something, such as light, radiant heat, sound, or an image, that is reflected.
3. a. Mental concentration; careful consideration. b. A thought or an opinion resulting from such consideration.
4. An indirect expression of censure or discredit: a reflection on his integrity.
5. A manifestation or result: Her achievements are a reflection of her courage.
a. The folding of a membrane from the wall of a cavity over an organ and back to the wall. b. The folds so made.
This photo of mine fits the bill for reflections, methinks, with these moody, sentimental, reflections on the river…
WONDERFUL 2008 for ALL. Rii
© Photos Riihele. All rights reserved
”Look for Interesting Reflections and Shadows Reflections and shadows lend a touch of artistry to an otherwise plain picture. They can provide meaningful contrasts (such as an old building reflected in a modern high rise) or depth (such as the shadow of trees along a wooded path).” How to take better pictures site online.
Here is the bonus with the SUPREMES “REFLECTIONS” released in 1967. “Reflections” made it to #2 on both the Billboard Pop Singles charts and Cashbox during the summer of 1967. In 1987, the TV series China Beach used “Reflections” as its theme, and included the track on its soundtrack album. The song was the namesake for the 2004 musical Reflections.